Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Unity: Episode 11. Homecoming

  It's the next day in Unity, and at Caney Head Chapel, Phillip sits inside the sanctuary, as he is tell coming to terms with Alexandra's bombshell the night before. He prays for understanding, and Phillip says "I wish there was someone who could help me understand this." In the back, Willard walks inside, as he looks at Phillip and asks him "So you know the truth?" Phillip turns his head, and asks Williard "When did you come back to town?" Willard tells him "Yesterday for Addie's Retirement Party, which went south." Phillip looks at Willard, as he tells him "I seen Alexandra for a few minutes this morning, and she told me about what happened. Don't be too hard on her." Phillip asks "Why shouldn't I Mr.Gore? All these years I thought she was my Sister, overprotective, but still.." Willard tells Phillip "Linc And Maggie had their reasons Phillip. And  it was a huge scandal in Unity with Alexandra came home with her heart broke, and pregnant." Phillip looks at Willard, as they sit on a pew, as Willard begins to fill Phillip in on Alexandra's reasons.
   At The Gore Farm, Estelle stands outside, as she yells for Addie, and she walks outside, and Estelle asks her Daughter "Are you ok after last night?" Addie looks at her Mother, and tells her "No. I didn't sleep at all, having so many thoughts enter my mind about that son of a bitch.." Estelle looks at Addie with disapproval, and quips "Hell, I cuss sometimes myself. When you're in your 80s, you can." Addie laughs "You really are feisty these days Mama." Estelle holds Addie, and says "I miss having Gore's, and running it with Willard, but  this town is sad these days. Down in Southpoint Beach, we have fun, and we enjoy our retirement." Addie quips "I just retired from teaching, not writing or painting." Estelle tells her Daughter "Don't worry about Jesse Adams. He is a pig, and he's reaping what he's sewn." Addie takes a deep breath, as she sighs "I reckon so. He did lose his race team, and was in prison." Estelle smiles, and quips "See, and he'll be back there again. Evan and Angie won't let him bother you my love." Estelle holds her Daughter, as Addie deals with Jesse's return to town.
   Meanwhile at Gene's, Jesse sits at the bar, as he orders a beer, and reads Desi's obituary, and Evan walks inside and yells "Hey bastard, you and I got some things to get straight!" Jesse turns around, and tells his Son "I don't have shit to tell you so screw off!" Evan looks at Gene, as he sits in the corner, and hands him some money, as he punches his Father in the face, and yells "You should have stayed in LaFayette! There's no damn reason why you should be here. If Mama suffers because of you, don't think for five seconds I wouldn't kill you!" Jesse quips "You really gotten stuck up boy. Like Willard and Estelle, think they just own everything. Don't call me Dad!" Evan storms out, as Jesse quips "Good, now back to enjoying what those assholes in Adam's Landing wrote about Desi." 
   At Unity General, Casey stands by the nurse's station, as a woman walks inside, and asks Casey "Where's the Chief of Staff?" Casey points down the hall, as the woman thanks her and heads to Pedro's office, as Casey gets a text, and walks inside the waiting area, where Andy, Summer, and Sage sits, and tells them "Any moment now and she'll be here. Everyone else should be behind shortly." In Pedro's office, a woman walks inside, as Pedro looks at the woman and asks "Aren't you a waitress?" Sassy Shane, from Adam's Landing, walks inside and tells Pedro "And I thought you were in Los Angeles, or dead." Pedro tells Sassy "Well I'm now in charge of Unity General and you've moved up in the world it looks." Sassy nods, as she says "I was in L.A., and came home and my home foreclosed, and headed this way." Pedro quips "Everyone deserves a new start. You're hired. You can start today." Sassy thanks him, as she walks out, and Pedro gets a phone call, and his eyes grow with paranoia, as he responds "Don't even think about it. You will be done for. The game will be finished."The person on the other line warns Pedro "I call the damn shots, and shot isn't even the word for what I have planned." The person hangs up, and Pedro looks down, as he says to himself "Damn."
   Meanwhile at Mitchell's, Alexandra sits in her office, as she pours a glass of liquor, and Colt walks inside, as he asks "So where's my money? I did as you asked?" Alexandra glares at Colt, and tells him coldly "You don't get the full amount. You should have stayed by her side, and you didn't, and I've lost Phillip. So I'll pay you, and be lucky I haven't turned you in for murder." Colt backs up, and yells at Alexandra "What the? You shot the bitch also! If I go down, you are going with me Alexandra!" Alexandra walks over and slaps Colt forcefully, and yells "You are a damn convict Colt Parker. I am a Mitchell. Name Colt name! If it isn't Gore, Caswell, or Mitchell, then well you are screwed, and it's my word against yours, and who will they believe? Me! Status." Colt warns Alexandra "I am going to ignore this, but if I could kill Desi Lane, I could kill you." Alexandra warns Colt "That's something you don't want to do either if you know what's good for you." Alexandra pulls out a briefcase and tells Colt "Open it." Colt opens to find $5,000,000 inside, and his eyes widen, as Alexandra smiles "Hush money."
   Back at Caney Head Chapel, Phillip is blown away at Willard's revelation, and goes "I heard about him. That's my Father?" Willard tells him "It is. And don't hate Alexandra, she did what she had to do. That's a messed up family and luckily you haven't turned out like most of them did." Phillip walks away, as he tells Willard "I owe Alexandra an apology." At Addie's Home, Estelle sits in the living room, as she reads The Exposer, and calls her friend, Davis Lane, in Southpoint Beach, and asks "How are you?" Davis responds "Hurts, but I'm not mourning." Estelle hangs up, as Addie walks into the living room, and tells her Mother "I think I have figured out how I'm going to deal with things Mama." Estelle asks "How is that?" Addie says "Jesse always wanted to be remembered, well he'll be remembered. I just called Caroline." At City Hospital, Sassy walks around, as she says to herself "A new start's all I need. She walks towards Pedro's office, as he hears a conversation in his office, and backs up, as bumps into Casey, as she asks Sassy "What's that look for?" Sassy walks away, leaving Casey confused. At Gene's, Jesse sits at the bar, as he continues to drink, and Jimmy arrives, and Jesse tells him "I have made a decision on next year, I'll offer you a very nice contract, under one condition." Jimmy asks "And what would that be?" Jesse responds "I want to sleep with your Sister." Meanwhile back at Unity General, Hazel, Kane, Lacey, and Janet has arrived, as Andy, Summer, and Sage walks out of the waiting area, as Casey walks over and tells them "They're here." They walk inside a private suite, as Mary's in her hospital bed, as she recovers from a massive heart attack, with a smile on her face, as Miles holds her hand, and says "Mama." Mary looks at her family, and tells them "I'm going to be fine."


No comments:

Post a Comment