Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Unity: Episode 2. Power Highs And Sins

   Night time has fallen upon Unity, as Summer arrives at Hazel's Home, with Mary and Miles, as Andy and Bree has arrived, as Bree and Andy hug Summer, and tears flow from their faces, as Hazel, Janet, Miles, and Mary holds each other with tears in their eyes, and Hazel asks her Mother "So should I get another room ready?" Mary looks at her Daughters, and tells them "Summer will need us. She's our family." Janet walks over to Summer, and tells her "Welcome to Unity. And I really hope your little boy is found safe and alive." Hazel also says the same thing, as Andy and Bree watch on, and Mary tells them "Welcome to our quiet little town, and here's the keys to your home." Andy takes the keys, and asks Mary "Aunt Mary, why don't you and Uncle Miles stay there instead? Bree and I can stay in a motel." Hazel and Janet shakes their heads, as Mary tells him "Hazel wants us here, and Summer can stay with us." Hazel and Janet walks off, as Miles looks at Andy and Bree, and tells Bree "You resemble Ruth so much." Mary gently says to her Husband "Ruth's passing is still hard on them Popper." In the kitchen, Hazel and Janet looks at each other, as Janet asks "Wasn't Andy a criminal at one time?" Hazel nods, and reminds her Sister "He changed his ways." Janet tells her Sister "I think we should be wary." Hazel looks at Janet, and tells her "Having Andy leading the Church will be better than Lynn." Janet sighs "You are the words of wisdom. Only thing is we have to get  Lynn to sign these papers. Otherwise he'll be leading Sunday service, and I can't stand the sight of him." Hazel tells her Sister "How about we meet tomorrow and discuss things. Let me help Summer get settled in, and we'll finish where we left off." Hazel and Janet returns to the living room, and Janet hugs her Parents, and tells her Mother "Thank God you're home Mama." Mary hugs Janet, and Miles is quiet, as Janet tells him "No more driving." Miles doesn't respond, as Janet leaves, and Andy looks at Bree, as she sits next to her Sister, as they catch up, and tells her "Summer will be alright. Let's go settle in for the evening." Hazel tells them "Your home is paid for by the Chapel, and it's already furnished. It's down the street and across from street from the Chapel." Andy and Bree hugs Summer, as she tells her Sister and Cousin "We're finding my Son." Andy responds "Yes we are." Bree also agrees, as they leave, and Hazel tells Summer "My home is yours Summer." Hazel takes Summer to her room, as Mary and Miles sits downstairs together, as there's a knock at the door.
   At a bar in Unity, called "Gene's", Dr.Casey Ryan and her Brother, Jimmy Ryan has a few beers, as Jimmy prepares to head to Adam's Landing." Casey asks her Brother "So my little Brother's about to hit the big time?" Jimmy laughs "Looks like it. I can't wait either." Casey asks Jimmy "Well what's your plans? Are you staying here? Or moving?" Jimmy looks at Casey, and responds "Lacey wants to stay in Unity, so I will likely do so too. Hell it's not that far away and I talked to Mr.Jackson earlier in the evening. His Daughter In Law is Pregnant and he said I'll be driving her car, but I hate pink." Casey tells him "Shut up and take this chance. You're too damn superstitious." Jimmy sighs, as he takes another drink, and laughs "Well it's FJR! So I'm not missing out on this opportunity!" Lacey Mitchell, Daughter of Janet Mitchell, and Girlfriend of Jimmy Ryan walks inside and kisses him, and Jimmy hands her a beer, as Lacey tells him "So tomorrow, you'll be getting ready for your first big race. I need Casey to write me a script for some nerve pills to deal with this." Jimmy laughs "Lacey, it's alright!" Casey looks at Lacey, and tells her "We will both need nerve pills, but Jimmy will be fine at driving." Lacey sighs "I know he will, I'm just scared." Meanwhile at the bar, Floyd Jackson reads a newspaper, and catches up on what's happened back home, and the Bartender asks him "Sir do you need me to call a taxi? You have sat here and drank and drank." Floyd yells "I don't need no damn taxi! I want justice, and that's what I plan to get!" Floyd stumbles out, as he heads out to his truck, where Bree and Andy stands outside, and Floyd asks his Great-Nephew and Niece "What in the hell are the two of you doing here?" Andy and Bree notices the hurt and anger in Floyd's eyes, and his drunkenness, and Andy tells him "You're coming with us Uncle Floyd." Floyd yells "No hell I'm not. I want to kill that bitch that killed Clair!" Bree looks at him, and says "Hand me your keys. We know who's behind it." Floyd pulls his keys out and throws them at Bree, as she gets behind the wheel of Floyd's pickup, and they follow Andy to his new home.
   Meanwhile at Unity Town Center, Kane takes Desi Lane around the mall, as he's explained to her about the situation, and Desi tells Kane "I like that anchor space. Just large enough for a Department Store." Kane tells Desi "Evan's on his way over and we'll discuss our plans some more." Desi asks "Why is the mall so dead?" Kane tells her "The economy has hurt our town, with the mills closing, and people moving, now people are moving to Southpoint Beach, Capital City, Adam's Landing.." Desi laughs in a cocky tone "Hell I escaped Adam's Landing. That city is so damn corrupt that I have no idea why anyone would want to live there." Kane looks at Desi, and tells her "It's where the jobs are. People follow work." Evan walks inside, and Kane tells his best friend and co-owner "Here's the prospective tenant I was mentioning...." Evan steps back and tells Kane "Hell no Kane." Desi snarks "Oh? One of those goody goodies I see?" Evan looks at Desi, and tells her coldly "You are the most selfish person I've ever heard about. I do read The Exposer." Desi reminds Evan in a cocky tone "Yeah that bitch is a damn liar also! Screw that rag!" Evan reminds Kane "Phillip and Alexandra will have an issue with this Kane. And remember that contract with Emery's, and the family that owns Emery's?" Kane yells "We have no damn choice Evan! We have to find a tenant and fast!" Evan looks at Desi, as she glares at him, and Evan tells Kane "Phillip may be your Uncle, but he is about business, and I for one have no intentions to do business with a woman who'd have a young pregnant woman kidnapped for her selfish desires." Desi shrieks "What about redemption? I hear you all are religious? You sound like a hypocrite Evan Gore!" Evan shakes his head and warns Kane "I don't approve, and I know Phillip nor Alexandra will either." Desi yells "If they want money, I got it!" Evan tells Desi "My Mama always told me money doesn't mean shit. Her exact words." Desi snaps "Your Mother sounds like a disillusioned moron." Evan walks out, and Desi quickly asks Kane "So do we have a deal or not?" Kane looks at Desi, and tells her "Meet me tomorrow and we'll discuss things. Meet me at The Gore Room." Desi and Kane exchange numbers, as Desi tells him "I need to check on my Son, then I'll meet with you." Kane nods, as they walk out and head their separate ways.
    At the Caswell Estate, Lynn sits in his study, as he has realized the phone has been disconnected, along with his cell phone, as Jake cries, and Lynn takes a deep breath, as Faye has left, and sits and says to himself "Well at least now we can get back on track." Back at Hazel's Home, Faye has arrived, and Mary welcomes her Daughter In Law inside, as Faye tells Mary "My condolences on Ruth." Mary thanks her, and Miles looks at Faye, as she hands him some pills and tells him "I went ahead and ordered your new script. This should help your memory get even better." Mary thanks Faye, and asks her with concern in her voice "How are you dealing with Lynn's infidelity?" Faye sighs "The lord will take care of our family Mrs.Caswell. Now we just have to get Popper better." Meanwhile at the top of the stairs, Hazel has helped Summer settle in and watches below, as her eyes grow with anger, as Miles takes the pill, and Mary tells her Husband "Ok Popper, time for bed." Faye hugs them and welcomes them home, as she walks out. Mary and Miles heads upstairs, as Faye walks out, with an evil look in her eyes, as she returns home. Meanwhile inside, Mary and Miles turns in for the night, and Hazel is silent, as she pulls out a pistol, her Husband, Victor Craig gave her years ago, and looks at it, and thinks about Faye.
   Meanwhile at The Gore Farm, Sage sits in the kitchen with Addie, as Sage has confided in her former Teacher and "Second Mother" on what has went on, and Addie shakes her head, and tells Sage "Go rest. It's late and I need to sleep for work in the morning." Sage heads to the guest room, as Addie shakes her head with disgust and anger on her face, and makes a phone call. At Andy's Home, across from Caney Head Chapel, Andy and Bree had filled Floyd in on what they've learned, and Floyd tells them "So she killed Clair?" Bree tells her Great-Uncle "Looks to be the case." Floyd tells them, as he takes an aspirin "That bitch will get hers. I will make sure of it." At The Mitchell Manor, Janet returns, as Phillip and Alexandra sits together in the living room, and Janet asks her Husband and Sister In Law "I know that look." Phillip tells his Wife "Evan Gore just called me. If our Nephew does business with Desi Lane.." Janet asks "Desi Lane? Are you kidding me?" Alexandra gets up, and tells them "I plan to make a phone call in the morning and she won't last long in Unity. But I also have some ideas of my own." Alexandra walks out, and Janet tells her Husband "Alexandra is plotting and so are you." Phillip tells his Wife "I am calling Xavier Jackson tomorrow and try and dig up some dirt on Desi. Meanwhile on the outskirts of Unity, at a motel, a woman walks inside and checks into a room, and the clerk hands her a key, as she walks out, and reads below on the bounty on Jake, and has a look of revenge in her eyes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment