Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Unity: Episode 8. Hits And Redemption

   Inside Alexandra's Mansion, Desi hides underneath Alexandra's Desk, as Colt walks inside and yells "Where are you bitch?" Desi sits quietly, as she holds a sheet of paper, and looks at it with a smile on her face, as Colt walks out, as he searches for Desi, as he yells in frustration "If Alexandra finds out about this, I'm back in Unity Prison." Desi hears the door close, as she crawls out, and stands up, as she reads the sheet of paper and says to herself "So the queen's hiding a secret? Looks like I have some ammo." Desi sneaks out of Alexandra's Mansion, and three dobermans chase her, as Desi runs to the garage, and hot-wires Alexandra's car, as she escapes. Meanwhile Colt sits inside his car, as he sees Alexandra's car pull out, and he follows Desi, as she heads towards Mitchell's.
   At Caney Head Chapel, Andy sits inside the sanctuary, as he prays for his Great Aunt, and the Caswell Family, as he hears a door open and looks back to see Sage, and asks "May I help you?" Sage looks at Andy, and asks "So you're the new Reverend?" Andy nods, and asks "I take it you're Lynn's Daughter?" Sage sighs "Unfortunately so. I haven't been inside this church since I was a kid." Andy asks "What brought you here Sage?" Sage looks at Andy, and asks him "I would like to know if my Maw and Paw will survive. My parents have caused so much damage. My Sister left town, and I look at Maw and Paw's homeplace, and it's scorched because of my Mom and Dad drugging Paw, I'm so angry." Andy puts his am around Sage, and tells her "Your Sister's in Adam's Landing, and you have a safe place here now. Nobody will hurt you, and I am a man of my word." Sage starts to cry, as she tells Andy her life story, as Andy listens silently, and he assures her "I came from a messed up home also. My Mother left my Brother and I with a man that could care less about us, and I've done many things I regret, and I learned the hard away of my errors, but you never can count out someone being redeemed Sage." Sage looks at Andy, and tells him, with tears in her eyes "I really feel alone. Like a loner." Andy sits with Sage, as he tells her "You're not alone." Andy and Sage kneels at the pulpit, as Andy puts his hand on Sage's back, as he prays for her.
   Meanwhile at Unity General, Janet stays with her Father, as Miles tells his Daughter "I want to talk to Mama." Janet tells her Father "She can't talk to you right now Daddy." Miles looks at Janet, and tells her "That tone tells me there's more to this." Janet is silent, as Miles asks "What's wrong with Mama?" Janet stumbles on her words, as Miles looks at his Daughter, and says "Whenever I have been in this Hospital, the entire family's been here Janet. You're the only one here, and my heart tells me something's wrong." Janet covers her face, as Miles tells his Daughter "Is she ok? Tell me!" Janet's phone rings, as she looks at her Father, and tells him "It's Lacey." Janet walks into the hall, and Lacey tells her Mother "Grandma's in surgery now. Aunt Hazel, Kane, and I are praying." Janet tells her Daughter "Let me talk to Hazel." Lacey hands the phone to Hazel, and Janet tells her Sister "Daddy's memory is coming back, and he knows something's wrong with Mama." Hazel takes a deep breath, and tells her Sister "I don't know what to tell you. Try to keep his spirits up, Dr.Jackson made no promises." Janet hangs up the phone, as she walks back inside her Father's room, as Miles asks "So what's really going on Janet?" Janet looks at her Father, as Miles looks at his Daughter, and Janet walks over, grabs his hand, and tells her Father, fighting back tears "Mama had a massive heart attack Daddy. She's in surgery in City Hospital, and we are all praying." Miles starts to cry, as he says "Mama. I can't lose her." Janet holds her Father, as they both cry together.
   Inside the Chief of Staff's office at Unity General, Casey looks at Dr.Pedro Del Mar, and asks "So you're here to take the Chief of Staff position?" Pedro tells Casey "Dr.Carter asked me to come out of retirement to take this position." Casey tells him "Well Dr.Del Mar, you have a history in Adam's Landing." Pedro sighs "I know, and these hands are proof." Pedro shows his hands to Casey, and says "I got the message loud and clear when I was in Los Angeles." Casey asks "So you can't perform surgeries anymore?" Pedro tells Casey 'No, I can't, but I can teach, and that's what I plan to do here. Looking around, you guys could use the guidance." Casey sighs, and tells him "You are right about that Dr.Del Mar. Welcome to Unity General." Casey heads out, to check on Miles, as Pedro sits at the desk, and makes a phone call, and says "I've arrived."
   Meanwhile at Evan's Office, he holds Caroline in his arms, as he touches her stomach, and says with humility "We've tried for some time, and now we're about to be parents." Caroline kisses her Husband, and says "I can't wait to tell your family. Your Mama likely knows." Evan rolls his eyes, as he says "Mama has great intuition. How do you want to tell her?" Caroline is quiet for a moment, and comes up with an idea, as she tells her Husband, and he says with a smile "That works for me." Meanwhile at Unity Elementary, Addie sits inside her classroom, as the children has been taken to lunch, and Angie stops inside, and Addie asks "Don't you have something to do?" Angie asks her Mother "Are you sure you are ready to do this?" Addie sighs "Angie Angie Angie, you clingy child. I have made my choice." Angie asks her Mother "Why do you always call me clingy Mama?" Addie looks at her Daughter, and sighs "You worry too much and don't take no time for you. Ever considered dating, or finding Mr.Right?" Angie tells her Mother "I'm perfectly content staying single. You're single, and haven't dated anyone since.." Addie stops her Daughter, and tells her "Angie, that's something we won't discuss. Now go back to your classroom." Angie walks out, as Addie heads to the lunchroom, as she leads her children back to class for the last time."
   At Caney Head Chapel, Andy and Sage finish praying, and Sage tells Andy "You are truly a Reverend. You remind me of my Paw." Andy humbly tells Sage "Uncle Miles is a great man. I couldn't ever compare." At City Hospital, Janet sits with her Father, as they are both emotional, as Casey walks inside, and tells Miles "Ok Mr.Caswell, let me check your vitals. I notice you're coming back." Miles looks at Casey, and tells her "I just hope my Wife lives. I can't live without my Mama." Meanwhile down at Mitchell's, Phillip and Alexandra has a drink, as the door opens and Desi storms inside, and Phillip and Alexandra drops their glasses, as Desi yells "Bitch you can't keep me down. And look what I found." Desi holds a sheet of paper, as rage grows in Alexandra's eyes, and Phillip looks at his Sister, and Colt walks inside, as Alexandra glares at him, as Desi asks Alexandra "So isn't there something you would like to say?" Alexandra looks at Colt, and tells him "Shoot her."

1 comment: